ALS Association Florida Chapter
Financial Assistance Program
MONEY WHEN YOU NEED IT
Secure a life settlement as quickly as 7 days after initially contacting Abacus. We don’t believe that you should have to wait for the industry standard 45-60 days for life-saving treatment. A Life Settlement allows you to focus on what is most important right now…healing.
If you would like to learn more about the Life Settlement option you can call us directly at 1-800-561-4148 or visit the Abacus Life Settlement Learning Center for a thorough guide about what is a life settlement and what the process looks like.
WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER A LIFE SETTLEMENT?
- Abacus can provide an immediate advance for cancer treatment if you qualify.
- Life Settlements are a well-regulated financial option.
- There is no fee or obligation to find out how much your policy is worth.
- Most types of policy types qualify, including term life.
- Your Life Insurance Settlement quote is completely confidential and your information is protected.
- We are a direct buyer, so there are no middlemen or life settlement commissions.
The ALS Association Florida Chapter
The ALS Association Florida Chapter offers comprehensive support and resources for persons diagnosed with ALS, their families and caregivers. Amongst these programs are the Care Assist Grants, Activities of Daily Living Grants, and Transportation Grants. Grants can help provide people living with ALS and their families the much-needed equipment and services to improve daily life.
Care Assist Grants
– Respite Care – Medical Expenses– Home Modifications– Vehicle Modifications– Van Purchase Assistance
Applications are open and available on the 1st of each quarter cycle, and close three weeks after the opening date:
- First Quarter: February – April (Applications available February 1st – February 22nd)
- Second Quarter: May – July (Applications available May 1st – May 22nd)
- Third Quarter: August – October (Applications available August 1st – August 22nd)
- Fourth Quarter: November – January (Applications available November 1st – November 22nd)
Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Grants
ADL needs are met with assistive technology that allows people living with ALS to complete general activities of daily living as independently as possible.
For detailed information on the expenses covered by our Care Assist Grants and ADL Grants, please review our Grant Guidelines. Payment is made directly to the vendor or service provider whenever possible; otherwise, the client is reimbursed up to the amount of the grant upon proof of payment. Clients can be approved for one $500 grant per quarter. Approved monies must be expended within six (6) months of approval letter date. To maintain our ability to continue to fund the Care Assist Grant or ADL Grant, we require recipients to only submit receipts that fall within the acceptable date range stated in the approval letter. Receipts for dates that fall outside of the acceptable date range will not be reimbursed.
Rated #1 Best Life Settlement Company of 2021
“Abacus is our best overall company because of its straightforward and easy process combined with its great customer reviews.” – The Balance
Meet your Team